Fiesta 2017: Legends of Rock
Fiesta is an annual celebration featuring a live and silent auction. All CDS families are invited to this event with all proceeds benefitting our sliding scale tuition program. This year, Fiesta will take place on Friday, March 24, 2017 at Bimbo’s 365 Club.
Interested in volunteering?
Fiesta is a great community-building event. We need the support from the entire CDS community in the form of volunteer time, auction donations of items and experiences, and sponsorships. Whether you’re able to chair a committee, write copy, design materials, help set up the day of the event or volunteer to sell raffle tickets one morning during drop-off, there are jobs of all sizes to make the event a continued success. Please consider being one of our Fiesta volunteers. Simply email our advancement team and we’ll find the perfect role for you. Please contact Simone Octigan at 415-861-5432 x357 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Interested in donating an item or experience?
We need an assortment of items that can be auctioned off at Fiesta. Donations from the CDS community make up the majority and often the best of our auction items. Here are some donation suggestions to help you get started:
· Host an event/party: The CDS community loves a party. It can be something as intimate as a 10-person whiskey tasting at your home or as a big as a middle school dance. Get creative! Tickets to the parties will be included in the online auction, with funds going directly to sliding scale tuition. (Tickets to these parties are popular and sell out quickly!)
· Organize a unique experience: Scavenger hunt; Cooking/Dining with a popular chef; Behind-the-scenes tour; Fun run; Make-up or stylist session
· Offer a stay in a vacation home: Tahoe, Bolinas, Napa, Sonoma, Hawaii, Colorado, or beyond!
· Share a special skill: Teach a group (adults or students) how to dance, fly-fish, cook, hit a line drive, knit, etc.
· Donate event tickets: SF Giants, SF 49ers, concerts, shows, ballet, opera, etc.
· Contribute goods and services: Gift certificates to retail shops or restaurants, bottles of wine, or kids activities
Have an item you’d like to donate to Fiesta 2017? Fill out this form now or print it out here! Once you have filled out the form, please bring the item to Simone Octigan in the second floor of the 16th Street Administrative Offices or contact her at email@example.com about coordinating a drop off. If you’re still not sure what to donate, take a peek at our Wish List!
Interested in sponsorships and underwriting?
Sponsorships are vital to the success of CDS’ auction. There is a variety of sponsorship giving levels that include a prime reserved table or reserved seating, ads in the Fiesta program, brand recognition on the Fiesta site, and champagne. Know a few CDS parents that work at Google or Salesforce or Levi’s? See if that employer will sponsor a table for you and your CDS colleagues. It’s an opportunity for the business community to give back. Sponsorship donations, excluding the cost of dinner tickets, may be tax deductible.
Underwriting is another way to support the auction and help cover expenses, thereby increasing the event’s proceeds to benefit sliding scale tuition. Underwriting opportunities include “Pour Some Sugar On Me” Dessert and Coffee Underwriter ($2500), “Brass Monkey” Cocktail and Wine Underwriter ($1000), and “Teenage Fan Club” Faculty Ticket Underwriter ($1000). Underwriting donations are 100% tax deductible.
To learn more about underwriting or to become a Fiesta sponsor, please see our sponsorship packet here. Please note that you can also ask your employer/business/organization to match you in your sponsorship. If you are interested in more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.